This is how we changed it:
This is how the old newsletter used to look like:
Basically it was a long listing of our auctions, certainly useful, but not tailor made, not personalised.
We switched now to a very personalised and responsive email, made out of 6 blocks:
Those 6 blocks are
- A personalised menu with relevant categories.
- A message with latest news.
- Auctions nearby the user.
- Lots specially selected for the user.
- A feedback about the newsletter.
- A footer, with all contact and social medias data.
About CodingIf you are new to newsletter coding, you have to know that building a newsletter is like coding html for the 90s: tables and inline-styling.
All email clients render code in a slightly different way (see links below), so it does need a lot of tweaking and testing to achieve the most universal version.
Going through several refinements we achieved a great base that we’ll keep on improving through code changes and A/B testing optimalisation.
CSS for email (coding like it’s the 90s)
- A complete breakdown of the CSS support for every popular mobile, web and desktop email client
- 12 Techniques for Excellent Emails in Outlook.com