We are currently looking for a senior System Engineer. You are going to help us to improve and expand our auctioning platform.
We auction off planes, Ferrari, office buildings, private houses and also items like toilet-seats and scrap metal. This is done on several websites of which www.bva-auctions.com is best known. This website has more than 30 million visitors per month and around 200 million page views. We display real-time information and bids for more than 100.000 lots per month.
At BVA we do use Agile development methodologies and you’ll be part of a dynamic Scrum team with a high degree of independence and self-organisation.
- Are you always curious about new technologies but are you also able to let them go if a better solution pops up?
- Do you find it interesting to work in a DevOps team?
What are you going to do
As team member of the DevOps team you are going to look for new solutions and technologies, install systems and help finding direct solutions to our issues. This will happen mostly from our office at Nieuwmarkt in Amsterdam. But also regularly in one of our data centers.
You will learn quickly about our systems because you’ll work together with other System Engineers and Java developers within the team. We do automatize most of our processes: we create automatically the construction of our systems and the roll-out of new software. You will help with calamities and maintenance of the production environment, sometimes also outside standard working hours.
Who are you?
You want to learn and experience how to design a system, from hardware to automatic deployments on multiple data centers. You understand that the reliability of the platform is very important.
- A relevant HBO/WO education, or equivalent thinking level;
- 5 or more years of industry experience as a system engineer;
- Experience with Agile is a plus;
- An unlimited interest in software and techniques as Linux Ubuntu, Ansible, Zabbix, Apache, Jenkins, Nginx, Java, MySQL, SOLR, Postgresql, Git, Angular, Continuous delivery, virtualization techniques as KVM and VMware.
- Experience with network engineering and firewalls such as Juniper SRX and Fortinet.
- Experience with CDN systems such as Akamai and Cloudfront.
What do we offer
- A dynamic and informal team with big ambitions to improve.
- Work in a challenging environment with cutting edge technologies.
- We offer an ambitious function with a lot of freedom and room for your own initiative.
- Beside the hard work we are social dudes and for us a good working atmosphere is really important.
- We offer a great salary and an employment package.
Interested? Upload here your curriculum or send a message to Paul Sanders firstname.lastname@example.org